Who's On-Line Now?

Thursday 4 January 2007

Will the real Captain Jack Harkness......

I have several ways I can conclude that sentence, but I think I shall keep them to myself.

I watched the final 2 episodes of Torchwood last night on BBC2 and was very impressed with the penultimate episode "Captain Jack Harkness." I loved the way that it was treated as a love story between John Barrowman's Jack and the "real" Captain Jack, played exceptionally well by Matt Rippy. I could watch a film-length story about their potential relationship and innevitable heartache. I was actually on the edge of my seat, well bed, watching this particular episode and I even began weeping a bit (just don't tell anyone).

Matt Rippy really looked the part of a World War II officer, and he was stunningly handsome and perfectly insecure and guarded regarding his real feelings. Wonderful. If anything was going to pursuade me to purchase the DVD box set then it was this. I cannot praise it enough.

I regret that I cannot find any pictures of Matt in his uniform to purvey exactly how gorgeous he looked, but I will keep searching. In the mean time enjoy these pics....

5 comments:

Minge said...

Hey, Alex! Check this out!

Alex said...

WOW! I can't tell you how grateful I am that you gave me this link. Am gonna post the link and some of the pictures. Cheers.

Minge said...

Mon plaisir.

Minge said...

I wouldn't mind being spitroasted by the two Jacks.

Alex said...

And people say I'm rude!!!!
Though I don't disagree with you!