Who's On-Line Now?

Tuesday 9 January 2007

I need to rethink my diet

Earlier this evening I had a sugar craving and had nothing in the flat that could fix it, so I popped to the local shop for a packet of biscuits.
I came back with a pack of Tuc cheese sandwich crackers, a large pack of McVities chocolate digestives, a pack of Ginni's Gummy Bears, a raisin & biscuit Yorkie, a Cadbury's creme egg and a cap of Cherry 7UP!
Talk about over-doing it.
I ate about 5 of the crackers about 10 chocolate digestives and the whole pack of gummi bears and drank the 7UP! The craving left me, but I got a headache and, because I was watching "You Are What You Eat" on Channel 4, I also felt very guilty.

I really need to do something about my diet.
Too many sugary and fatty foods, too many sugary and gassy drinks!
And I do no exercise!
The closest I get is a ten minute walk to the bus stop, and then back again, in this weather! On nicer days I will walk the whole way into town and back again. I don't enjoy working out at the gym, I hate running, especially in the cold and I have no one to work out with to make it more bearable. No wonder I have high blood pressure!

So, while I figure out how to get excercise into my life, I will work on my diet.
  • I need to make sure that I have fruit and veg to snack on instead of chocolate, biscuits and crisps.
  • I have cut out most of the sugary drinks from my diet, drinking more juice and water than ever before and even have reduced my tea-drinking.
  • I already use skimmed milk when I do have tea.
  • And I have reduced the amount of sugar in my tea by about a quarter.
  • One thing that I did pick up from "You Are What You Eat!" was that beansprouts are full of magnesium, which is good for teeth and bones! I thought they were just full of water so I stopped buying them! That's one thing to put back on the shopping list. I can then have the beansprouts with other veggies that I love in salads.

Starting tomorrow.

For now, I will have a banana, the rest of my tropical druit drink and get to bed early so I can get up early again as I did today! It's a start.

1 comment:

Minge said...

I was eating toast and marmalade while watching it.

Let us know how the diet goes.