Who's On-Line Now?

Monday 1 January 2007

Quick moan

I hope the rest of the year isn't like today. It wasn't a good one (though not the worst by far!).
Firstly I only got about 2 hours sleep last night, and it wasn't my fault before you ask!! I went to bed at 22:30 and sent my "Happy New Year" text to everyone saying:

"Happy New Year to one and all. I'm going to bed early, so don't give me a call!"

A bit of poetry which no one seemed to appreciate!

I was woken at midnight by the sound of the fireworks on the Thames and could not get back to sleep after that, what with the sirens from police and ambulances, drums, whistles and shouts of revellers, arguements, traffic, rain and wind. I eventually gave up trying at 04:20 and got up and read a few comics. When my alarm finally went off I had a shower thinking, "At least the rain has stopped for me to get to work!" But, when I emerged from the bathroom it had begun to really tip it down with rain again and I got a bit wet on my walk to work!
Bob was late in, again! A normal occurance on weekends and bank holidays! So, being the first one in from my shift, I sat in the controller 1 chair instead of the managers office where I was due to be compiling travellers details.
When Bob got in nearly an hour late I asked if he wanted to do the reports or for us to swap seats. He said he would do the reports, which took him about 2 hours in total! He then announced that he would be doing the reports tomorrow as well, because he wanted to get away early for the Chelsea match! No asking, just stating a fact!
We also had to watch the football results coming in on Sky Sports 1, which is very dull! I can understand watching a match, I even enjoy watching sometimes, but watching results come in can be done on the internet!
Then, when it came for me to watch something that I wanted (the Sarah Jane Adventures & Home & Away), no one would be quiet! And if you have ever worked with my other colleague Simon, you know he talks loud, and is even louder when he gets excited.

I had brought no food in as I expected at least McDonalds to be open. Unfortunately no food shops nearby were open and so I had to get a Pot Noodle from the vending machine and some crisps!

On top of all of this, when we were finally relieved (Bob already having gone early today!), we had a car lift alarm sound. I was on the phone and the other three in the control room just continued their chat, so that I had to get off the phone and answer the car lift alarm! I was fuming. Then it rained all the way home too!

Not a great day, and not a great start to the New Year, but I guess I will have to believe that the rest of the week is going to be much much better. Lets all hope so eh!!??

OK, so the moan wasn't quick but at least it is now off my chest!

No comments: