Who's On-Line Now?

Monday 22 May 2006

To Sea Or Not To Sea?

As some of you will know I'm a superhero junkie, collecting comics has been a passion for much of my life and, before that, I watched superhero stuff on tv. I remember watching the "Super Friends" or whatever it was called at the time, a cartoon version of the Justice League from the 1970's. My overall favourite character would have to have been Aquaman. He could control sea creatures and was muscular and blonde, what's not to like. I wanted to be him and played as him whenever we played "superheroes" in the chool playground, when I wasn't being Super-Tiger or whatever other animal I was into that week.
I was quite excited when I first heard, ages ago, about the possibility of an Aquaman tv series, "Mercy Reef"as a spin-off from "Smallville" (though I was disappointed that the original actor, beautiful and hunky Alan Ritchson, wouldn't be playing him. All because he is much more muscular than Tom Welling! You can't have someone being bigger than Superman can you?). I just did a search in the 'net for information about the series and I find that the pilot episode WAS shot but the series probably will not be shown! WTF. Co-starring Lou Diamond Phillips, with cute
Justin Hartley as Arthur Curry (Aquaman) I think it would've been a huge hit, especially if they linked it in with Smallville a couple more times. But, hey, what do I know.
Anyway, check out this site for more information and, if you want, click the link to sign the petition to save the series. You never know, it may do some good, or at the very least make you feel like you are doing something pro-active.

No comments: