Who's On-Line Now?

Sunday 14 May 2006

More birthday wishes

This time the birthday greetings go out to George Lucas, a man who could be considered a god. A god, because he is responsible for creating a whole universe of ideas that is adored and worshipped by hundreds of thousands of people worldwide. He has created my favourite and probably THE best science fiction movie(s) ever created, maybe even the best movie full stop.
I fell in love with the Star Wars films from the moment I first saw them, collected the figures, read the comics, and then I tried to grow out of them. But the lure was too great, after reluctantly agreeing to allow my mother to GIVE AWAY all of my original figures, vehicle and weapons when I was about 19 (can you believe I was that stupid?), I started collecting the figures and comics again when I was about 27. I now have hundreds of figures, vehicle and accessories, in and out of boxes (and nowhere to put them all!). And I still love them.
So, thank you George, for the years of happines, and poverty, you have given me. Have a wonderful day, and keep the Star Wars Universe going forever.

No comments: