Who's On-Line Now?

Wednesday 31 May 2006

I'm scared!!

I was checking out the internet last night to find out what a fear of bats was known as, because a colleague of mine has that fear (it is chiropterophobia by the way), and I found this site with an extensive list of phobias (I don't think all of these are real, but I could be wrong).
Here is a selection of my favourites:
Peladophobia - Fear of bald people.
Consecotaleophobia - Fear of chopsticks.
Oneirogmophobia - Fear of wet dreams.
Euphobia - Fear of good news (how could you, or why would you, be affraid of GOOD news?)
Barophobia - Fear of gravity (ditto for the above fear)
Genuphobia - Fear of knees (KNEES!!)
Papophobia - Fear of the Pope (actually, seeing the one we have at the moment, this one is understandable)
Kathisophobia - Fear of sitting down.
Linonophobia - Fear of string (string, why?)
Phronemophobia - Fear of thinking (I believe I work with quite a few people who suffer from this, mostly managers)

and here are some I definately do not suffer from:

Medorthophobia - Fear of the erect penis.
Ithyphallophobia - Fear of seeing, thinking or having an erect penis.
Medomalacuphobia - Fear of losing an erection.
Proctophobia - Fear of the rectum, or rectal disease.
Spermatophobia - Fear of semen.

And this one is my absolute favourite:
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia - Fear of Long Words!!!!!

No comments: