Who's On-Line Now?

Monday 8 December 2008

Strictly Weepy

I managed to catch up with my Strictly Come Dancing viewing today, what a shocker!!
In the Saturday show, Austin & Erin danced first performing an American smooth. We saw the training clips to begin with and it was funny to see Austin Healey and Matt Dawson, two professional rugby players, dancing together IN HOLD, to help Austin improve his hold. The dance itself was good but lacked pizazz. AND, I think Austin may be getting p'd off with Tess keep going on about him getting his "guns" out, though I wish he would do it more often!!

His second dance was the salsa and even before the music had started he had performed a hand spring type move from the stage onto the dance floor. He looked confident through most of the dance and looked amazingly sexy in his open-topped pink satin shirt. I felt that, with this dance, Austin was back on form.
Lisa & Brendan performed a good waltz, but again I felt that she lost her way occasionally during the dance. Their second dance was a jive. I love watching Brendan jive, unfortunately not with Lisa though.
Tom & Camilla started with a foxtrot which I loved. It was so sweet, was fun and greatly entertaining. And he got his highest score so far with this dance, 3 tens and a nine. At the end of the dance Tom was even crying, I think because he enjoyed it so much.

They also did a rumba which wasn't bad, but unremarkable really. I think with the first dance I decided that I really an going to be gunning for Tom to win this season, but then again, the one I like never seems to win (hence Gethin last year).

Rachel & Vincent began with the tango, Vincent's signature dance and it was to an unusual song, "Here Comes the Rain Again," originally by the Eurythmics and it worked, sort of. Their second dance was the cha cha cha which was a good dance again, but her personality just didn't show through, if she has one!!
The results show from Sunday had Brian Fortuna & Kristina Rihanoff performing a hustle which was great. It was good to see a bit of disco being performed on the show, there should be more. It was nice to see Kristina back dancing, I think she took a week off after the John Sergeant debacle.
A group of the professional dancers performed a Viennese Waltz which was absolutely beautiful.
And then Vincent & Flavia and two guest professionals performed an Argentine Tango, which the celebrities will have to do next week, which was also a great show dance. Vincent & Flavia were much better than the other couple too.
Barry Manilow performed Copacabana and Darren & Lilia and Ian & Camilla danced brilliantly. Barry looked ill to me and may have been miming, though it could just be that his face wasn't moving because of botox or something. He also seems to be suffering from disappearing chin syndrome, I wonder if he is related to Gail from Coronation Street?
The two couples in the dance off were Lisa & Brendan, and Austin & Erin (for the first time). I felt that Austin performed the salsa better the second time around, but even so he was voted off of the show. The judges and audience gave him a standing ovation and he and Erin said some lovely thank yous before returning to the dance floor where Austin, briefly, took his top off to reveal his beautiful torso. I was a bit teary to see him go, but an still rooting for Tom to be the overall winner. He is a great dancer, often grossly under marked by the judges, and has the best personality by far. Rachel shows no personality and Lisa just cries all the time (I hate women who do that!).
VOTE FOR TOM!
If I wasted my money on these things, I know I would be!

1 comment:

gab said...

i agree i love tom and think hes way undermarked-hes a nice bloke it seems aswell

i wasnt sad to see austin go he was anoying me towards the end