Who's On-Line Now?

Wednesday 3 December 2008

Bad Weather Blues

I was sooooo cold at work today. My first 2 1/2 hours were spent standing in the loading bay, freezing my nuts off. Out of 12 hours I was in the cold for over 8 hours in total, either at the loading bay, where it was really cold but I was allowed to wear a winter coat, or at reception which was not quite as cold, but where we aren't allowed to wear coats.
I hate my job.
I am really run down at the moment, because of the cold weather, the lack of sunlight (as I wake and go to work in the dark and come home in the dark too!), and the fact that I don't get much sleep. I have a coldsore on my upper lip as a result, something that I get often if I am run down.
I am also very suceptable to the cold visually. For example, when I got home from work today I was in the kitchen talking to some of my flatmates, and the first thing Jesse said to me was;
"Are you alright? Have you been drinking?"
"No, why?" I replied,
"Your nose is really red!"
My nose goes red very quickly if I am in the cold, it always has, and takes a while to stop glowing. Also, when I am warming up, my face goes really red as it warms up.
I have 2 more day shifts to go, then 2 night shifts (during which I don't have to stay in the cold) and then after that I am a supervisor, so I shouldn't have to man the loading bay then, and shouldn't have to go on reception as much. I will be nice and toasty warm in the control room most of the time. Luxury? Not quite but the best that it is going to get at this job. I really want to get another job. I know I keep saying that, but I really mean it. Christmas isn't a good time to start a new job though unfortunately.

1 comment:

Ray's Cowboy said...

You know I could warm your face up rather well. and the rest of you.
I have to admit I am really a cold freak. Love the cold weather, and hate HOT weather, anything above 78 for me is to hot.
Hope you keep warm.
Ray