Who's On-Line Now?

Tuesday 30 December 2008

Strictly Come Dancing Christmas Special

I am finally getting caught up on my Christmas viewing and have just finished watching the Strictly Come Dancing Christmas Special that I missed on Saturday because I was working. It was a pretty average show really with a few great dances. With only a Christmas trophy to battle for and one show and one dance each to highlight their talents, I feel that it is a bit of a waste of time.
This year we had the three final couples from this years show, Tom & Camilla, Rachel & Vincent & Lisa & Brendan. To join them we had former champions Jill Halfpenny & Darren Bennett, and Alesha Dixon & Matthew Cutler. And finally we were joined by Kelly Brooks & Brian Fortuna (as Brendan, her former dance partner, was already busy with Lisa!).
Alesha & Mattew dances a beautiful Viennese Waltz and she looked like she had never been away from dancing. Lisa & Brendan dances a really fun quickstep. Jill & Darren performed an American Smooth which was a bit of a mix & match of dance styles. Rachel & Vincent performed a rumba really well, but we'd seen it all before. Kelly & Brian did a jive and showed me that I'd forgotten just how good Kelly was and just how much of a shame it was that she had to pull out of the show when she was taking part before. Whereas Tom & Camilla's foxtrot was just pure unadulterated fun, the best type of dance for Tom and, even though there were more mistakes in his dance (that I spotted anyway) I enjoyed his dance the most.
The overall winners were Jill & Darren, which was great as Darren had gone out of the competition relatively early this year.
Next on my list to catch up on: Dr Who - "The Next Doctor" which I only got to see half of on Christmas Day due to me having to work nights!

No comments: