Who's On-Line Now?

Wednesday 24 December 2008

Decisions

Yesterday I received yet another letter reminding me of the imminent expiry of my security licence. This time it was from the SIA (who issue the licences). They claim that my licence will expire on 9th February 2009, despite my actual licence stating that it expires at the end of February. It's probably just the SIA's way of conning people out of even more money.
At work I came to a decision, one that I hope I can stick to. I've decided not to renew my licence, therefore I have until the end of February (or the 9th, depending on whom you believe) to find another job.
Thus, I am going to have to work much harder at looking for a job as seven weeks (or 4) will fly by in no time. I'll have to speak to all the people I know too and get them to keep their eyes and ears open for me. And, hey, maybe all of you guys could do that too.

What Am I Looking For?

Location: London, preferably within zones 1 & 2 of the underground. I am also considering moving back to Torquay though. My ideal work location would be in Australia, though without any actual skills that is not even a realistic option at the moment.
Money: I need at least £23K before tax a year to cover my bills and give me a minimal social life, though obviously more would be better as I want to move out of the flat and go back to living on my own, which will cost a hell of a lot more money.
Hours: Up to 50 hours per week. Days only. I would consider taking two part-time jobs to make up the money and hours. I don't even mind working weekends as long as I get 2 days off most weeks.
Job Type: That is the difficult one. I really don't know what I want to do. I guess it would be an office job. Research, report writing, data input or archiving, that sort of thing. They are jobs that others might find boring, but I wouldn't necessarily, as long as I got to use my brain.
I know that I DO NOT want to work in a call centre again, or do sales or recruitment. I DO want to work indoors. I DON'T MIND if I work in a group or alone.

Any help that anyone can provide will be gratefully received. In the meantime, I guess that I will have to put aside £245 for my licence renewal, just in case things don't go according to plan. When do they ever.

Let's hope that me getting a new job in or before February will mark the end of my penance (17 months of hell which began with my suspension and subsequent sacking from my long term job back in September 2007). Wishful thinking eh?

No comments: