Who's On-Line Now?

Sunday 28 December 2008

No Time For Me

Last night was a 13 hour shift, so I finished at 08:00 this morning. I wasn't feeling particularly tired when I got home but still managed to get straight to sleep. I didn't wake up for another 8 hours and was still tired so stayed in bed dozing away until 17:30. Now I only have 2 hours before I have to head off to work again! Thankfully it is the last of my 7 night shifts, and, if my manager has any decency he will turn up an hour early tomorrow morning to let me go as a thank you for swapping my shifts. As he doesn't have a shred of decency and hardly ever gets to work on time anyway, I don't think I will hold my breath for that particular Christmas miracle.
The first thing I did upon finally rising from my bed this afternoon was go for a shower. I jumped in and then jumped straight back out again as there was no hot water! How can there be no hot water at 17:30!! Who would have used it all this late in the afternoon. Another reason to want to get my own place again. So I am currently waiting for the water to heat up again before I can have a shower and feel at least slightly awake.
Roll on 07:00 and three days off.

No comments: