Who's On-Line Now?

Friday 12 December 2008

Almost Unlucky

Not as good a day as yesterday, but not too bad. It went a bit slower than yesterday, possibly because I was more tired. I was woken at 03:30 this morning by a police dog barking wildly just a little way down the road. At that point I was feeling like I'd had enough sleep. I managed to get back to sleep and was woken again at 06:00 by my alarm. This time, strangely, I was feeling really tired. Then I saw that the light in the bathroom was still not working, so I had a shower in the dark before leaving for work.
More examples of stupidity from the guard I mentioned yesterday made me feel even more weary and then at 18:00, an hour from finishing time, I got a phone call from the night shift supervisor to say he wasn't coming in because the trains weren't running. I really thought I would be stuck at work for a couple more hours. We managed to cover all the positions though, by cancelling the patrols and so everyone managed to leave work on time. Phew!
When I got home I found that the light still wasn't fixed and there was a not on the side of the shower to say that it wasn't to be used as it was leaking into the bar downstairs! So, tomorrow morning I guess I will have to stand in the sink!! :-)

1 comment:

Ray's Cowboy said...

sorry to hear about the sleep. Maybe you can get a good night rest tonight. Have you called the person who runs your flat about the tub and light? Hopefully you won't have to take a sink bath for to long.
Ray