Who's On-Line Now?

Friday 21 April 2006

Happy Birthday Ma'am.

Happy 80th Birthday to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.In a time when it isn't always the done thing to praise the Monarchy, I would like to say, "Good on you, Your Majesty."
I am in favour of the Monarchy. I think they are a link to our history which should be retained for as long as possible. What I do not agree with is all of the hangers-on. The civil list needs to be trimmed, again and the amount spent reduced dramatically (it was £9,900,000 in 2003!) But, in my opinion, the immediate Royal Family do a good job on the whole; with their support for charities, and the awareness they bring for those charities; their work in the military; the tourists they bring in to the country, and the many industries that exist because of the interest in souvenir tat. (And then there is the fact that Prince William was born on my 10th Birthday!)
I would also like to say that you look very good for 80 years old, Your Majesty.

No comments: