Who's On-Line Now?

Monday 10 April 2006

Are they f*****g kidding me?

With all the emphasis on Making Poverty History and easing world debt and famines across the world, can you believe that Selfridges are today putting out for sale a sandwich, yes I said a sandwich, for £85.
The beef, which has a marbled effect because of the fat in it, is flown in from South America every morning. It has a mayonaise made with foie gras (overfed duck or goose liver!!), a "generous helping" of brie de meaux (considered Europe's finest cheese) on slices of 24 hour fermented sour dough bread. Weighing in at 21oz, it is a big sandwich without a doubt, but for this price I would expect to be able to sit in the bloody thing! But I guess it's all just a publicity thing, to which I have just unwittingly contributed.
Shame I can't find a picture of the thing at the moment though.

No comments: