Who's On-Line Now?

Monday 23 October 2006

Why is nothing simple?

I am currently having nightmares with my computer, well both laptops actually. Our wireless connection at the flat isn't working for me, even though the laptop tells me that I am connected it will not connect with ANY web address. But if I connect to another wireless server then it is alright (although there are only 2 intermittant other connections that are strong enough for me!).
My word processor also is playing up, I loaded the one I used on my old laptop into my new laptop, but cannot, for some reason, save any files onto discs with the new laptop! Even though I can read from discs. It is wierd, just another thing that is pissing me off in my new "home."
What happened to the good old days when you bought an electrical appliancew and plugged it in an it worked?
Does that make me sound old? Don't answer that!

Some better news though is that I finally have a kitchen, which I had to clean this afternoon to clear the place of dirt and dust from the sanding of the living room floor. The bathroom is the next room to be worked on. My landlord is thinking of converting it into a wet-room, to which I commented, "You may as well, coz the floor is always covered in water anyway!" He totally missed what I was trying to hint at!!

No comments: