Who's On-Line Now?

Wednesday 2 August 2006

Neglection is a bad thing

But I have a good reason. My phone line is not connected at home, so I can no longer log into my AOL account from home and cannot get internet access at all. Not good. "Should be sorted next week" says my landlord, I've heard that before, like with the hot water. It's still hit-or-miss with the hot water, but you tend to be ok if you are the first to use the shower (which still has no shower guard or curtain or even holder on the wall, and the bath has no plug!). I got up at 08:00 yesterday morning as my landlord said he wanted me to go with him to the bathroom showroom to get all the necessary stuff. He didn't get up 'til 10:00 and said we would go at 15:00. I stayed in all day in anticipation of this and we didn't go anywhere in the end. What a waste of my last day off for a week!
On top of that my laptop is playing up too, my fault for spilling some milk on the keyboard I guess!!
Soho Pride was good, some fantastic music played by the DJ's and some seriously sexy men wandering around, but a serious lack of friends on my part. Lee and Leigh were there, but I didn't want to follow them around all day like a lost puppy and they left at about 16:00 anyway. Tim was detoxing!!! And Paul never answered my text message, so I don't know where he was (haven't seen him for weeks actually, will have to get him out for a drink soon!)
And, I finaly got my deposit back from my old landlord (£800), which should clear by tomorrow, not bad considering I thought they might not give it to me as I left some furniture in the flat that I should have dumped!! They still haven't rented the place out. This probably is due to the massive crack down the bedroom wall and the cracks in the plaster of all the other walls, and the fact that they want £10 a week more than I was paying!! Good luck.

No comments: