Who's On-Line Now?

Friday 11 August 2006

Fantastic Food!

It is not very often that I eat out, but on Tuesday my mate Lee phoned to say he would be free for lunch, so I met him in Soho and we went to Balans Cafe (formerly Comptons cafe). It was a lovely day, the sun was out and there were plenty of seats free and no smokers that I noticed. We both had the Thai Noodles with spicy chicken strips. It was really, really nice. I was very impressed, I was almost tempted to ask for a second plate! The service was great too. As it was fairly quiet there was only one waitor but he was dealing with 9 tables by himself and was still happy, chatty and informative about the menu. I would highly recommend the place as somewhere you must check out when in town.
Lee also tells me that the larger Balans is good too, and that is from someone who used to refuse to go there after a bad meal previously. And Balans near Earl's Court is also nice, though the last time I was there was about 3 years ago.

No comments: