Who's On-Line Now?

Sunday 27 August 2006

Happy

My sisters came over to the pub to visit me yesterday and despite only getting 4 hours sleep I had a really good day. I thought that they would be arriving around midday / one o'clockish, so I set my alarm to get up at 11:30 (I was working the night shift before remember). At about 12:30 I phoned my sister, Lynn's house just to make sure that she had left. She was still in and said that she was intending to leave at around 3pm, as she knew I had been on night shift!! (I could have sworn that we had said to get here early afternoon!). So I just dossed around and tidied a bit while I waited for them.
At just after 3pm I happened to look out of the window and saw them all walking down from the tube station, so I went out to meet them. My eldest sister, Lynn, was there with her hubby Adrian, and 3 of her kids, Joe, Connor and Molly. My other sister, Maxine, was also there with her other half Lee. I was disappointed that Lynn's eldest, Arron wasn't there (but he is a teenager, so family things aren't really him at the moment), and that Maxine's daughter, Mikala wasn't there (but she had a party to get ready for tonight). I showed them around the flat and then around the pub cellar, and then we walked to my work and I signed them in and gave them a tour around the building. The loved it, the kids especially, so I'm glad I took them. After a McDonalds (which took 15 minutes to turn up, even after a 10 minute wait at the counter! Not so much "fast food" as "food."), we walked back to the pub via St Paul's Cathedral.
We then sat outside the pub and had a few drinks. Luckily it was a lovely day, as the kids aren't allowed in the pub. I introduced them to Kevin, my landlord and Lynn and Adrian had a good chat about New Zealand as they went there for Christmas and that is where Kevin is from.
Kevin said we could come into the pub and sit at the long table at the back when it began to get a bit colder outside, which was really nice of him. All too soon it was time for them to leave, to get back to Essex on the train, so I walked them back to the tube (I don't think I wanted them to go). I said goodbye outside the station and felt quite tearful (happy tearful that is) when they had gone, which is very unlike me. I had realy enjoyed seeing them, it was nice that they had visited me for a change too, only the second time Lynn and her family have and the first time for Maxine since I moved away from Essex nearly 10 years ago!!
Lynn had started me off, when she was saying goodbye, by saying that this was the happiest that she had seen me, which made me feel good. I am so gald that they came to visit and I can't wait for the next time (I have promised to take the kids to London Zoo and to the Natural History Museum!!).

4 comments:

Minge said...

Can't wait to find out how you got on at the zoo and museum!

gab said...

where abouts in essex do they live?

Alex said...

Grays.

gab said...

ooh not far from us!