Who's On-Line Now?

Tuesday 15 August 2006

How to piss off your work force!

I got a recorded delivery notification the other day and so went to sign for it today before I came to work. I hadn't been to the Post Office depot for my new address and so had to search a bit to find it. I had a walk of almost a mile to get there. I opened the letter when I had signed for it and found that it was a letter from my employers telling me that I hadn't scored high enough on my 6 monthly appraisal to get a bonus.
So, I had wasted part of my morning off to find out something that I had been told on my appraisal anyway. My performance is merely satisfactory.
Now, going by what a colleague has told me, if I had been trained in, say, the dock office then I could have boosted my score. Despite the fact that my colleague had been trained over 2 years ago and not worked in the dock for at least 18 months he still gained points for this!
I was not expecting to get a bonus, even before my appraisal, as I knew what they base the bonuses on (who sucks up most, well partially anyway!). But to have to go out of my way to be reminded that I wasn't geting one was just typical for them. It seems that they revel in going out of their way to piss off their employees. The sooner they loose the contract the better, if you ask me.

No comments: