Who's On-Line Now?

Monday 10 July 2006

Settling in..... with Spider-Man!

Well, I'm in my new home and it is my first day off since I moved. My new landlord keeps coming into my room and telling me that the flat will be sorted out soon (god, what a mess the flat was to start with), and telling me not to be shy, to go down into the pub and get my dinner there. I am beginning to resent his intrusions, but I guess I have to get used to sharing a flat again, I was living on my own for nearly 8 years!! But, it is great being so close to work, about 15 minutes walk, which means I get an extra hour and a half to myself each work day as I am travelling less.

So, here I am on my first day off and I decided to watch the DVD of Spider-Man 2 that I borrowed from a work colleague. After seeing the first film, and being disappointed with various aspects of it, I had decided not tobother with the sequals. But, after speaking to several friends about it I was pursuaded to give it a go. I must say that I am once again disappointed for pretty much the same reasons:
I do not like Tobey Maguire, he just doen't come across as a hero to me at all. Pretty much the same for Kirsten Dunst too, I have no sympathy for her at all, she was good in Interview With The Vampire, but I just haven't liked, or believed her in anything else since.
I was not impressed with the Green Goblin in the first Spidey film, the costume was all wrong. With the second film, I liked Dr Octopus, but he just wasn't in the film enough.
There was far too much sloppy stuff in the film, as much as I like characterisation, I watch action films for the action!!

Saying all that, I have seen the trailer for the third film and the effects and action look fantastic, with the living black costume and the Sandman too. I would say that I will go to the cinema to see it, but I still haven't even seen X-Men 3, and I really want to see that.

No comments: