Who's On-Line Now?

Saturday 19 April 2008

Planet of the Ood

********Spoler Warning********

Tonight's episode of Dr Who, "Planet of the Ood" was quite good. Nothing spectacular to report about it but a good solid episode expanding on the previously seen, but still enigmatic Ood species. A species that initially repulses you, with their looks and their aloofness, but in the end you admire them for their peacefulness and stamina.
I was let down by a few things in this episode though, but they are picky little things I admit, but they bug me.
The snow. I really hate false snow in a show. It isn't just Dr Who, but almost every program that you watch, false snow looks great on the ground, but when it lands on a character or gets caught in their hair, as it did with Donna, it just looks false.
And the transformation of Klineman Halpen , played by Tim McInnerny, into an Ood was very unsatisfactory, especially with the side on shot of teh tentacles coming out of his mouth. While watching it I thought, that doesn't even look like him, and when watching Dr Who Confidential immediately afterwards I saw that in that shot it wasn't him at all!
Overall though, satisfactory is all I can say for this episode. Sorry!

Watching Dr Who Confidential immediately after I saw that Tim was on it again, though for a much shorter shot this time.
It may be me just being in a picky mood tonight, but I am getting very bored with all the back-slapping in Confidential. That is all they seem to do on there now, say how good everyone is doing their jobs when they are meant to be explaining what is happening and how things are done. Go back and read the brief for the show guys and stop being all "lovey." I want to know why, how, where, when and by who!!

Martha's back next week, with UNIT. Can't wait!

No comments: