Who's On-Line Now?

Tuesday 29 April 2008

Eyes? Who needs 'em?

I had an appointment at the opticians this morning, normally a waste of time as they always tell me the same thing:
"Wear your contact lenses less!"
And guess what, she said the same this time, only with a bit extra! She said I would have to stop wearing them altogether! When I told her that wasn't going to happen she suggested a different type of lense, which will cost me £10 a month more!!! How can a little piece of silicon cost that much more than another piece?
I didn't even bother asking about laser eye surgery as every optician has said the same thing, that it isn't worth it as I would still not have 100% eyesight and there are dangers with it!
I don't actually believe them, my sister has had it done and her eyes are perfectly fine. I just think that the optician community are worried about too many people having good eyesight and their business being affected! I'm such a cynic! But I can't afford to have the surgery anyway at the moment, so it's not worth going to have a consultation until I can!
Anyway, the optician gave me a paid of these "new" lenses to try for a week and I have to go back for another appointment then. So annoying. Do I really need my eyes? I guess so. Just imagine not being able to see sexy boys on a summers day! Or, more importantly, to read my comics! Okay, I'll try and be good and wear the lenses less AND give these new ones a go. I just hate wearing my glasses outside of the flat, I feel really self conscious in them and I am not the most confident of people as it is, I find then annoying too when they slip down your nose, or get wet in the rain, or steam up when you go from a cold environment to a warm one or you get reflections at the edges from behind you. I just hate wearing them.
And, I really don't like the idea of shelling out extra money when I am struggling as it is (little do the opticians know but my direct debit is going to bounce again this month as it is due out the day before pay day! Oops.)
By the way I am wearing my glasses now, and have been since I had to walk home with them on. See, I'm being good already! Just don't ask me to leave the flat!! : - (

4 comments:

gab said...

oh i bet youlook cute in glasses

show me a pic

Alex said...

There are no pictures of me in glasses, and there never will be!! EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Aloha from Evan on Maui. Of course the Doctors don't want you to get Laser Surgery. It is putting them out of business . I had horrible eyesight before getting mine done over 5 years ago by Lasik for only $1,000 US for both eyes and my vision has been perfect ever since.

Alex said...

Hey Evan, great to hear from you. I agree with you totally. But, give me about 3 months and I should be able to save enough to get my eyes done this year (actually, it'll be more like after Christmas), but I'll get it done. I can't wait.