Who's On-Line Now?

Wednesday 20 September 2006

Memorial to Steve Irwin

Today in Australia Zoo a memorial was held for a true Australian icon, Steve Irwin who died 2 weeks ago. In a touching ceremony, his daughter Bindi said "My daddy was a hero - he was always there for me when I needed him." Quite a tribute from a mere 8-year-old. I will be watching her career over the next decade or so, she was very confident speaking in front of the 5000 people in the Crocoseum, let alone the millions watching worldwide.
Each member of staff at the ceremony held an animal from the zoo (no stingrays were present), and his father also made a nice tribute saying, "Don't mourn for Steve, mourn for the animals they have lost the best friend they had, and so have I."
I said it before, he will be missed, he was an entertainer, a teacher and a role model for millions.

No comments: