Who's On-Line Now?

Tuesday 19 September 2006

Dukes of Hazzard

A conversation I was having at work, about Willie Nelson being arrested for drugs offences, led on to a discussion about the Dukes of Hazzard.

I remember the Dukes fondly as one of my earliest t.v. star crushes, on ALL the Duke boys, ALL FOUR!! A lot of people forget that there were four Duke boys. Bo and Luke were the originals that most people remember played by John Schneider and Tom Wopat.


But, for season 5 of the Dukes, they were temporarily replaced by their "cousins" Coy and Vance, played by Byron Cherry and Christopher "Chip" Meyer.




I, personally, fancied the cousins more than the originals, Byron Cherry particularly, but then he has a great smile and floppy blond hair which you don't see too often. As I said, I fancied all four, and looking at recent pictures I would probably still do them all, even though the oldest (Tom Wopat) is now 55. The youngest, John Schneider, is 46 and currently probably the best known as he is playing Superman's dad in Smallville. But Byron is still my fave.


Here are some pictures of him and of the other lesser known Duke boy Chip Meyer (with the dark hair), including one more up-to-date pic of each.

No comments: