Who's On-Line Now?

Sunday 27 December 2009

I'm Back

I got back from my Very-Essex Christmas about an hour ago and am glad to be back in my own room able to do my own thing (even though that is unfortunately getting ready for work). I enjoy seeing my family, but staying there three nights is not my idea of a good time as I like my home comforts too much, such as being able to hear the television when I am watching it, not being subjected to random exchanges of gases every 10 minutes and not having to play peacemaker between squabbling siblings every 5 minutes.
My sister has a new puppy that I hadn't seen until I went down there on Christmas Eve, which she got about 3 months ago. Her name is Lexi and she is so adorable, though she does bite a bit too hard when she is playing. I'm used to cuts etc on my hands from playing with Frank, so I didn't mind.
I even managed to get a couple of useful presents this year, which is unusual. Lynn, who I was staying with, got me the usual bottle of Southern Comfort and a case of Strongbow cider cans (which, although nice, is not good as I do not drink at home, which I have told her several dozen times, AND it meant that I had to carry them home). She said she considered getting me some bedding (which I told her was a wonderful idea, as I need some), but instead she also got me a metal thing that hangs over your door so that you can hang things up. It is from a range of home accessories by that camp television duo Justin & Colin, and has the immortal slogan on it: "Well Hung". I got that home today and as I tried to get it on my bedroom door (which was too thick for it), the metal snapped making it totally useless. Oh, well.
My other sister, Maxine, got me a fantastic soft, fleecy throw, which I used Christmas morning for a while as I was cold. The best present off of family for ages.

The kids all seemed to like the presents that I got them, which is always preferable to me than getting presents myself anyway, so I was happy with that.

I DID manage to watch Dr Who, although there was some talking during the program so I will probably try and watch it again tonight at work. Yep, that's right I am only just back from my sister's and I have to start night shifts already. Crap isn't it?!? I will probably talk more about Dr Who tomorrow, or after the New Year's Day episode. Right now I am going to see if I can get some sleep.

3 comments:

gab said...

hope you enjoyed your bas xmas! i know wot u mean about coming home i love seeing mikes family but i love being in my own home so i can relax

speak to u in the new year xxxxxxx

MadeInScotland said...

This is our 5th night at the parents. We are going home tomorrow...

It is nice to have your own space, but I appreciate all my parents have done for me growing up and I don't find it such a chore, especially knowing how much pleasure my mother has having us here.

Still, there is no place like (your own) home, and it will be good to get back to Old St.

ahoj

Alex said...

I do appreciate being at my sister's, it is always great to see everyone. And when I am there I get the only proper meals that I have all year (as I am too lazy to cook for myself), but I really love my own space.
I love being able to do nothing and not be made to feel guilty about it. AND I love watching television without shouting and screaming and loud chat obscuring every single word, and then being asked, "what's happening?"