Who's On-Line Now?

Monday 28 December 2009

Christmas Wish: Granted

I don't have much to report from my first night back at work last night, as nothing happened. Nothing EVER happens! But I realised that I did get granted a Christmas wish. One of the guards at work really annoys me. When you ask him a question he finds it impossible to give a "Yes" or "No" answer and always has to go into a whole novel of an explanation for anything. He is also very difficult to understand sometimes, English not being his first language, and also finds it difficult to understand others. I really have to watch what I tell him to do, as he will do it to the letter of my instructions, even if the situation changes. He is totally incapable of using his common sense or initiative. I have had to defend his job several times as people above me have wanted to sack him for his mistakes and lack of communication skills, but I am now going to give up. I've defended him for a year and he will not take any advice so he is now on his own.
Anyway, back to my Christmas wish. I always get frustrated and close to pure anger when he starts talking and talking and talking and never gets to the point and just wish that he would shut up sometimes. Well he was on the shifts preceding and following mine yesterday and he totally ignored me when I said "hello" and "good morning" to him. For a grown man I think that is pretty pathetic, whatever slight I may have done to him. All I can think of is that he didn't like it when I, in exasperation told him that he really needs to shut up sometimes, as he talks too much. It was rude, but I needed to get through to him. As I said earlier, sometimes he obeys my instructions to the letter. I just hope I never have to speak to the useless f*ck*r ever again.

No comments: