Who's On-Line Now?

Saturday 24 September 2011

Mark Cueto

Mark Cueto has long been my favourite England player, if not overall rugby player. I only follow international matches, so only noticed him when he began playing for the national team around the time of the 2007 World Cup, I think (it seems longer). He hardly ever gets any praise or accolades, but in my opinion, he is the absolute backbone of the England squad. He is always there saving the day, getting back the ball, passing to the right player and generally doing it all at the right time. AND he does it all with a smile on his face.

Yes I am shallow and tend to prefer players that are also easy on the eye, and Mark is certainly that, but I think Cueto is a true star of the game and I wish he got more attention. Or perhaps it is best that he doesn't. Maybe he doesn't want the attention, maybe he avoids headlines on purpose. If so, then keep it up Mark, know that we love you and appreciate your truly impressive play. You didn't need to score today's hat trick to gain this adoration, but it was nice for us, and you, that you got it.


Keep it up gorgeous.

2 comments:

Dan said...

Nice, I like the picture of him in the looker-room :-) He looks good in a suit too...

Alex said...

He looks cracking in the suit, but then again big-built men always look good in a suit, especially with a bright white shirt. Hmmmnn.