Who's On-Line Now?

Wednesday 9 May 2012

Gym Arsehole

I went to the gym this afternoon. Was hoping to take my mind off things, as I usually manage to do while I am there. After my run, just 2km today, I went to the cable machine and started crucifix curls and dumbbell curls in a split set. As I was doing my first set of dumbbell curls a guy came along and started using one side of the cables that I was using. When he finished his first set I asked if he minded alternating. Unfortunately he did. Apparently his work out was more important than mine. I gave up and told him not to bother I'd finish my set when he'd finished, I carried on with the next set I was going to do.
He then started to have a go at me: "This is what I really hate, guys like you hogging all the equipment." I explained that I wasn't hogging it, I had asked to share and I was only using 1 machine and a set of dumbbells and that it wasn't my fault that there wasn't enough equipment in the gym for him. He wasn't having any of it and carried on.
It totally ruined my mood for the rest of my work out, which I cut short. As I left I got a message from Humberto telling me he was too sick to go out for a drink tonight after all. So, another night in for me, just for a fucking change. What is the point of finally getting some days off if I don't have anyone to spend time with?
I tell you, I better have a fucking fantastic time at the Bingham Cup, because it is the only thing that I have to look forward to at the moment. I've even given up on thinking of things to do for my 40th birthday next month, as I can't see it being much of a success. I know I had about 15 people at my drinks last year, but I really wanted to do something different this year. Maybe I'll be surprised and someone will suggest something interesting, but at the moment no one had taken any interest or given me any suggestions for what I could do.
Am really thankful though to Thain, who seems to be the only person to regularly check up on me lately. And, to be honest, I don't even know him that well. Bless him.  

No comments: