Who's On-Line Now?

Wednesday 30 May 2012

Bingham Cup Here I Come

Sorry for the lack of postings recently but things have been busy here. I've been working nights, had an interview for a reception position within my company (Monday - Friday days only, yay), and a telephone interview today for a company who replied to my Gumtree advert. I have the option of a second interview on the latter and have already arranged a second interview for the former (they called before I even got home).
I have also been busy preparing for my trip to Manchester for the Bingham Cup. I leave tomorrow afternoon and I really think it is going to be a fantastic long weekend, even if I don't get laid.
I've been asked to help manage the second team, meaning that I will be chasing them up to get them to the coaches on time etc. I should help me get to know the members of the team better, so it's all good. What I am NOT looking forward to is that I have to, as some point, perform a 1 minute "thing." I hate this sort of thing, and it took me ages to think of anything that I can do, but, in the end, I've decided to do this speech:

It's from the original British Queer as Folk which was, of course, based in Manchester (so topical). Wish me luck.
I'll give you all the gossip (well some of it, "what goes on tour stays on tour" and all).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, now and again your blog seems to pop up when I'm searching for other random things. No problem.

But I notice you are always moaning about your job - still after years.

So if you hate it that much why haven't you gone to college in the evening or done a course or whatever it takes for you to be able to apply for the sorts of jobs you like?

Seems in the years you've been moaning you could have almost done a Masters in something?

Some of the effort you make on the blog could be better redirected?