Who's On-Line Now?

Friday 29 October 2010

Death of the Doctor

I've just finished watching the second part of "The Death of the Doctor" a story on The Sarah Jane Adventures and it was a great couple of episodes, highly recommended. Co-starring Katy Manning, aka Jo Grant (sorry Jo Jones), old Whovians will know her well, and Jo's grandson Santiago. I couldn't help but wonder if any more of the Doctor's old companions are going to turn up in any of the shows ("The Travels of Jo Jones"?). As if the show read my mind Sarah Jane admits that she checks up on them sometimes on the internet and mentioned quite a few and the work that they do: Tegan, Dorothy (i.e. Ace), Polly, Harry, Ian & Barbara (who haven't aged since the 60's!!). It would be silly to create spin-off series' for ALL of the previous companions (wouldn't it?), but maybe, just maybe, they could do a one-off series with either single stories for each companion, or a series-length story with multiple companions. Hmmmn.
I'd love to see Tegan, Nyssa, Ace, Ian & Barbara, Jamie, Susan, maybe Adam (from the newer Doctor stories) and now I also want to see more of Jo Grant, oh Jones (I can't get used to that!) and Santiago.

2 comments:

MadeInScotland said...

I took Dorothy to be Dodo, as in Dorothea Chaplet. Sadly "A Charitable Earth" may well indeed be a reference to ACE, the worst ever companion!

ahoj

Alex said...

I've never seen Dodo so she never came to mind.
Do you really think that Ace was worse than Mel?