Who's On-Line Now?

Saturday 28 February 2009

Things Aren't Getting Any Better

My life is really in the toilet at the moment. If something CAN go wrong it seems that it WILL go wrong. I am getting into a really depressed state and it feels like there is no end to it. I am almost at the same stage as I was around the same time last year when I walked out of my 3-and-a-bit day job.
On top of being stressed about not having a television or laptop at home (thus having nothing to do but read), my wages still are not sorted, and it doesn't appear that they will be until the next pay day which is still 10 days away.
I have been chasing them up since I came back to work on Thursday and it turns out that my boss was NEVER in contact with the wages department about my money, but was dealing with the scheduling guy!! The scheduler decided to add the missing days onto next months wages by putting me in for overtime days on my days off this month!
In addition to this it appears that my manager also failed to forward my complaint letter on to anyone, which is why no one at head office knew that I was making a formal complaint. I had sent this to him on the 18th Feb and was wondering why I hadn't received an reply.
I am therefore not totally unhappy to report that my manager has been suspended, on a totally different matter, since Thursday. This does, however, mean that his shifts need covering. I really do not want to do his job, not that I know exactly WHAT he does (the last shift we worked together he spent almost all of the day on a site called "Sickipedia" reading out dodgy jokes to me!)
The supervisor who normally covers his holiday is away this weekend and so I offered to cover the manager's shift on Monday (so the guy had time to get back and adjusted from his trip). Unfortunately, he and the building manager assumed that I was volunteering for the whole week! As the other supervisor didn't say anything about this I went along with it.
The next day, I found out that he was moaning to the suspended manager (they had met up for drinks) saying that if I think I am going to be his boss while the manager is off I have another think coming! So much for doing the guy a favour. I've decided that I will speak to the building manager on Monday and withdraw my offer to cover the shifts and get him to persuade this other supervisor to do them. I didn't really want to work 8 day shifts in a row anyway, especially as I only have 1 day off between those shifts and my previous 3 shifts (i.e. working 11 out of 12 days in a row!).
I am through being nice to people and always being the one who people ask favours of, because I never have any favours to ask back and so can never benefit the deals.

In addition to this, my landlord is, once again, pissed nearly every day! Last night he had a lock-in downstairs in the pub and for some reason left 5 American holiday-makers alone in the bar for who knows how long! They had to leave, but couldn't as the doors leaving the pub were locked. So, at four o'clock in the morning, one of them was standing at the bottom of the stairs which lead to the pub from the flat, calling up the stairs for someone to let them out. Kevin was nowhere to be seen,and the rest of my flatmates were ignoring the commotion as always so it was down to me again to let these people out via our flat! It took me ages to get back to sleep.
I haven't been sleeping well as it is, what with the worry over my wages, work annoying me in general and my lack of a social life (especially while skint!), so this was the last thing I needed.

I really need a change of luck. I think I have paid my penance now, for having the audacity to think that I could run my own business. It was a silly idea and I have been punished.
Now, Bad Luck, leave me THE FUCK alone and let me begin to enjoy life again!! I'm not a bad person, I don't deserve to be THIS unlucky!

3 comments:

Ricardo said...

hey man you know that book "the secret"? try and have a more optimistic point of view about your life and things will already look better.
I know it's not easy, but that's what I try to think when I start to get desperate and thinking that everything is going wrong for me.
best of luck.

Ray's Cowboy said...

I fully agree with the guy above. Alex you are a wonderful person, whom I am getting to know. I know you seem to have had some bad luck at times, but you have also wrote about some great times as well. I do hop eyou the best. My thoughts and prayers are with yu my little hamster.
Best of luck,
Ray

Alex said...

I'm not counting my chickens yet, but this week is going okay, and payday is less than a week away, so fingers crossed!!
:-D