Who's On-Line Now?

Saturday 10 March 2012

R.I.P. Uncle Barry

I had a phone call from my sister Lynn, just before half time in the Ireland v Scotland 6 Nations match. As soon as I saw her face appear on my iPhone I knew what she was calling be to tell me. Yesterday afternoon my uncle Barry passed away from complications of his brain tumor. I knew it was coming but it still wasn't nice to hear. Initially I was okay, but as the match restarted for the second half I found myself crying. I didn't ever know Barry very well, he used to visit frequently before my father died, when I was 7, my siblings knew him better than me. I hardly remember ever talking to him or his (very) long-term girlfriend Ann in any depth. Pretty much the same as all of my extended family really.
I don't know yet when his funeral will be, it's early days yet. But I think I will have to purchase a black suit before then, I don't have one any more. Then again, uncle Barry was always on a jacket and jeans, so maybe there will be a casual theme. We shall see.

2 comments:

Blair said...

I'm sorry to hear about your Uncle. My condolences Alex. :(

Jeff said...

Don't we always regret not making more time for someone until it's too late? I do.