Who's On-Line Now?

Monday 1 August 2011

Pride Torbay 2011


I got back from my weekend in Torquay for Pride Torbay at about 14:30 this afternoon. I've been tidying up and sorting my stuff out since. I had a good time, mostly, though the parties at Key West, where we were staying, were a bit of a let down.
Richard drove us down on Friday and we got there in the early afternoon after making fairly good time. The sun was out and so we immediately sat down by the pool and enjoyed the sun. I even went for a dip straight away.


It was beautiful. It is a shame the other men staying there were not also beautiful. There was only one nice looking guy staying in the whole place, and he had a boyfriend (though it didn't stop us having a kiss a couple of times, it could have gone further one night, but I got bored when he explained "the rules" of their relationship). Richard and I had arranged to go on The Show Boat, a party on a boat that goes along the coast and back for about 3 hours. Paul decided to join us at the last minute and was glad that he did. It started off a bit dull, but in the end was a really good laugh, and the coastal views, being Devon, were stunning. No one died either, despite the fact that the steep staircase down to the toilets was right on the "dancefloor" of the boat. We went to the Meadfoot Inn on the way back where they had a karaoke night (which was a bit naff), then went back to the hotel for a few more drinks. I didn't get much sleep as Paul is a really consistent snorer and one of my ear plugs came out and I couldn't find it again until the morning. On Saturday we went to the Party in the Park once Terry had arrived. It was also a bit lame to start off with, but the company (including Terry, from our Barcelona holiday, Alexis and Mimsy) made it work in the end. Most of the acts were dire, but the Sundaes were good, the Boy George Experience was okay and Joe McElderry was good too (we had seen the poor lad as we made our way to the park trying to get a taxi, they hadn't even arranged a car for him). Oh, and Terry took, what has to be the best photo of the whole Pride event:




On the way back we went to the Meadfoot Inn again, and they had another karaoke night, which was worse than the night before. We then went back to the hotel, hoping that it would be a busy night as the downstairs club was open. We went down there at just after midnight. To me it stank of urine and it was just the same people that had been in the hotel all the time. Richard and Paul were talking to a couple of guys they'd met when they'd been smoking outside the Meadfoot the night before. They were both quite sexy, but the one I was introduced to weirded me out a bit. I told him about the urine smell when we arrived and all he could say was, "Did it make your cock twitch?" I lost interest there and then. I was also bored at not having any, non-freaky, hotties to look at so I went to bed. On Sunday we were intending to stay at the hotel for their BBQ & Pool Party, but, once again, the only people who turned up were the ones who'd been in the hotel all along, probably because you have to be a member to get into the hotel (their way of keeping women out, so I've been told). I was getting fed up of just having them to talk to, so we all eventually went to the Cliff House Hotel for their party instead. It wasn't much better but there were more people there, though there were sights like this unfortunately. One drink in the Meadfoot afterwards, where they were having yet another karaoke party (ENOUGH ALREADY), was enough to send us back to the hotel. I went up to the room very early and tried to sleep from about 23:00, but couldn't. I was about to give up and go back downstairs to join the others when Paul came up saying there was no one left down there. I eventually got to sleep.
The drive home today was a struggle, as both Richard and I were tired and the sun was beating into the car constantly, but we made even better time than the drive there.
I was glad to be home though, and am just about to go to the gym to make up for my, almost exclusively, carbohydrate diet this weekend (and maybe get some cock that I missed out on while I was there!).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alex,
LOVE the photos! LOVE the commentary about the place and its denizens. The three Rubenesque divas with the big hair, and the girl trapped at the wall doing her business made me laugh out loud!
Good Show! (as you say over there)
Bob in Manassas, Virginia USA

Anonymous said...

I stayed at Key West in Torquay in May as part of a large group. Weird place. Much like Fawlty Towers. No real attempt to make us fell welsome. Pity because the building and grounds are lovely.

Alex said...

Yeah, the owner of Key West was pretty miserable and stayed in the background, but James (who seemed to do ALL the work from the bar, gardening, to cleaning the pool) was brilliant.
It is a real shame that their membership policy limits who can use the area, which puts off more people than they are intending I'm sure.

Ray's Cowboy said...

You are one HOT Man.

WOOF
Ray